Thursday, July 12, 2012

First short post in English... - Pierwszy wpis po angielsku

I feel bad for living you behind for so long. At first I simply misted among my readers few friends who (not yet) read and write in polish... I will try to put you on one page with some articles that are  here. I'm ok tomorrow I'm going to Krakow and on Monday I will teach a class for people from local Jewish Community - students of R. Boaz Pash. I been there for some days of Jewish Festival there. It's a bitter sweet feelings to be in used to be - such a Jewish city during such a Jewish event. I know that this is all true, those Jews walking streets of Kazimierz are real, the music, art, classes, workshops - are all there. True and deep meeting between polish and jewish culture. This is real only for a week or so. I mist Jerusalem and NYC where Jewish life is year long project. I feel kind of guilt almost - that we can't recreate it for longer.

On other hand it does feel a little bit like a time of Meshiah. History can be circular by baiting it's own tail gives us sens of ongoing life - sense of infinity. I will go again to Remuh Synagogue and I will ask my self question - one more time; "Do I love to be from Poland or hate it?" I will stand there look in the eyes of the city and ask my self one more time - if I love it so much - why does it hurt...

Maybe there is only one answer I can give to those question and it's not about writing, but reading? I always find comfort among letters - maybe peace of heaven is somewhere between Josef Caro and Remuh... 

No comments:

Post a Comment